Thank you for your interest in therapy. Making the decision to pursue counseling or therapy takes courage and can be scary. It can also be the best decision of your life. We honor this courage and work to make starting therapy as comfortable and relaxed as possible.
Here’s what you can expect as you start the process…
1) Schedule an appointment. You can call us at 402-715-9710 or email: email@example.com to arrange an appointment. If you aren’t sure you are ready to schedule an appointment just yet, it’s okay to call and arrange a free phone consultation to determine if you think we might be a good fit.
You always have a choice of which therapist you’d like to work with. If you’ve been referred to a specific therapist at Omaha Psychotherapy, or if you think you’d like to work with a specific therapist, please let us know when you first reach out to schedule an intake.
2) Paperwork. There are a few forms you’ll need to complete before coming for an appointment. Those forms can be found here, on the website, or we can email them to you.
3) Insurance. You will need to decide if you want to utilize health insurance benefits to pay for therapy. If so, please contact your insurance company to ask about mental health benefits and to learn about your deductible and co-payment responsibilities. If you have coverage through another company, we could be out-of-network providers. Each therapist at Omaha Psychotherapy is in network with different insurance plans, so double-check with your provider to find out if your insurance is covered.
4) First session. During our first session, we’ll spend about 90 minutes together so that your therapist can get a sense of your concerns, learn more about your history, identify goals, and suggest a plan for treatment.
5) Length of treatment. At Omaha Psychotherapy, we are not cookie cutter therapists. We truly believe that everyone is an individual and that people have different needs. While most people find it most helpful to meet with a therapist once a week for one hour for some time ranging from a few months to several years, it can vary from person to person.
6) Treatment Plan. After the first session, you and your therapist will identify goals and objectives for therapy and will discuss some of the interventions we will use to help accomplish your goals. Throughout therapy we will review these goals and may adjust them. We encourage all of our clients to evaluate their experience in therapy as it progresses and to determine whether needs are being met.
If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask! We believe in transparency and are eager to help you understand everything about the counseling process.
Ready to schedule an appointment? Great! Email us or call today (402) 715-9710 to schedule an intake.